Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sad Day!


Today is a very sad day for the Auburn family. A selfish person has stolen something from us that can't be replaced. When "Al from Dadeville" decided to take it upon himself to poison the Toomer's oak trees, he made a huge mistake. I don't think anyone is happy about what he did, Auburn fan or not. How could you be? There's something to be said for tradition and this is one tradition that has been part of Auburn for several generations. I remember rolling Toomer's Corner as a child and I was looking forward to sharing that special tradition with Morgan but now, because of "Al's" selfishness, that is a memory I'll never have. These pictures are the closest I'll get.



I'm now even more grateful that my dad was able to be in Auburn for the national championship game and we were able to go to the sacred oak trees together for what just may be the last time they will ever be rolled.




"Al," you may have destroyed our beloved trees, but you (or anyone else) will never be able to destroy our Auburn family.


No comments:

Post a Comment