Monday, February 28, 2011

Mommy's Little Helper

I don't cook. Anyone who knows me can attest to that statement. I wish I enjoyed cooking like other people, but I simply don't. Last week we were out of all breakfast food except oatmeal (the real kind, not instant) and I attempted to fix that for breakfast. Did you know that milk actually burns on the stove top? Yep, turns black and affixes the pot to the top of the stove. If you didn't know that tidbit of knowledge before, consider yourself enlightened.
Anyway, I'm really trying to be more domesticated so tonight I enlisted the help of one very cute aid.

She showed me how to effectively use my materials





She watched intently to make sure I didn't burn anything.



The finished product! Okay, I admit that I really used a container of frozen gumbo that we fixed (from a mix) over Christmas break, but I really did cook the rice and that, my friends, can be a big deal for me! =-)



She helped me eat it.




And then, after bath time, she helped me do the dishes.




Maybe with my sweet girl's help I'll spend more time in the kitchen, but I'm not making any promises.

2 comments:

  1. You do have a cute helper! I think you are doing great cooking rice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe there is hope for MES!! On the plus side at least you cooked rice this time and not grits!

    ReplyDelete