Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas Morning

There's just something magical about Christmas. I have always loved everything about this time of year, but this year was, by far, the most magical Christmas I've ever experienced.

I found myself thinking a lot about Mary, the mother of Jesus. The joy of having a child is like nothing else in the world, but how amazing it must have been to know that she was the mother of her own Savior! Two thousand years later we continue to celebrate Jesus' birth- How amazing is that?!

Being a mom makes me look at most things in a whole new light. I have several traditions that I want to do with Morgan and I'm sure we'll start many of those next year. This year I think she was just excited about the tree, lights, reading the Christmas story, and learning to open presents!

Alright, without further delay I give you Morgan's first Christmas in a series of posts beginning with Christmas morning at our house. This was the first year I didn't wake up at my parents' house and that was a little odd, but I stuck to my "rule" about always making sure my child/children were able to spend the night at our house Christmas Eve night.

Here's our little angel when she first woke up Christmas morning... All smiles!



Daddy put the hat on her head and she thought it was funny!



Looking at what Santa brought



Here's what he's pointing to:



Checking out the stocking with mommy



She loved her riding/push toy!



Books, however, are her very favorite thing right now.



Toothbrushes are a close second even though she has no teeth. =0)



Bath toys for her favorite time of the day



Here she is enjoying all of her new goodies from mommy, daddy, and Santa.



We had to take a time-out to eat breakfast.



Then it was back to business. I loved having a little helper!



Not only did she learn to crawl right before Christmas, she also learned to stand!



Then it was time for a quick wardrobe change. She got to play with all of her new things while Steve and I worked on getting everything packed and ready to hit the road.



Daddy had to play for a few minutes too.


It was such a fun morning full of memories we'll keep for a lifetime!

1 comment: