Friday, June 11, 2010

Morgan's Arrival

A month has passed since our little angel was born and I'm just now getting around to posting about it. Is this normal? I'll try to do better.

Here is a picture of me before we left for the hospital the morning of May 7.


Pre-Op: Let's just say that my time in pre-op got me more nervous than I already was. The nurses came in fussing about who was having to take blood, vitals, etc. Eventually they figured it all out and I was prepped for surgery. Here is our last photo as a family of two:


My dad made it to Auburn in time to see me before I was taken into surgery.


Steve proudly displaying the "Dad pass"


At this point, I was wheeled across the hall to begin the c-section. Steve was told to stay in the pre-op room and they would notify him when/if he could come over. Can I just say that I was a bundle of emotions? I was excited to meet our little angel, nervous about becoming a parent and all it entails, terrified of the operation I was about to undergo, and angry that Steve couldn't be there with me from the beginning. The precious nurse I had to hold onto for the spinal was eight months pregnant so I was afraid to squeeze her hard for fear they would have to deliver two babies that morning.
I was given the spinal (like an epidural, but deeper) and then literally thrown onto the operating table for them to begin the procedure. I looked up when I was lying on the table and I had a perfect reflection in the plastic of the lights of my stomach. I didn't care what they were doing, but I knew that I didn't want to watch so my eyes remained closed through the procedure.
The next thing I remember was the smell of burning flesh and then Steve walked in. He held my restrained hand and must have looked like paparazzi with his digital and video cameras proudly strapped around his neck. A few minutes later (after some pulling and tugging, the weirdest feeling ever) a beautiful little girl appeared over the blue sheet and our precious daughter was finally here.


Our first photo as a family of three:

No comments:

Post a Comment