Saturday, June 12, 2010

May 2010

If I was good, I'd post all of these separately, but since I'm doing this one-handed (Morgan is in my other arm) and a month late, I'm just happy it is getting done. =-)

Here is a run-down of the month of May:

Monday, May 10- We finally got discharged from the hospital. Morgan weighed 8.38 pounds when she was born on Friday and by Sunday she was down to 7.50 and was refusing to eat so we earned ourselves an additional day in the hospital. Our sweet "niece" Lauren decorated our yard for Morgan's homecoming and our neighbor came over to take pictures when we arrived home.


The sign from our church:


Tuesday, May 11- Bath time! She was not a fan of her first bath.


Mommy consoling her after her bath:


Monday, May 17- Morgan had her first doctor's appointment. Everything went well and we found out that she was gaining weight... finally!
She doesn't like having her vitals taken:


So her Daddy consoles her:


Wednesday, May 19- Steve left for Minnesota. While he was gone I had several visitors to help out. My friend Beth came for the first night. My dad was here Thursday until Saturday, and then it was just Mommy and Morgan until Steve returned on Monday, the 24th. I had absolutely no confidence that we could make it, but somehow we survived. It gave me a whole new appreciation for single moms and made me more thankful for my wonderful husband.

Tuesday, May 25- Morgan and I ventured out on our own for the first time. We went to the local playground to visit my class. It was the last day of school and I promised my kids I'd let them meet the baby they watched grow inside my belly all year. Morgan did really well at the park and seemed to enjoy being out of the house for a little while.


Saturday, May 29- I woke up with mastitis. That has to be THE most painful thing ever! The pain/discomfort I experienced after my c-section was nothing compared to this. Due to this being a holiday weekend (I can't get sick when normal people do!) I spent the entire day trying to find someone to write me a prescription for an antibiotic. Morgan's doctor is AWESOME! He was on vacation, but still called it in for me. We had already planned to go visit my dad that weekend so it was nice to have an extra set of hands to help out with little Miss Morgan.
On Saturday, she went to her first restaurant. Here she is at David's Catfish:


In the big rocking chair outside the restaurant:


Sunday, May 30- Morgan got to meet a lot of my friends.
Here's Emma Kate being a good baby sitter:


Cile giving her a few pointers:


Maggie was super sweet to Morgan!


Monday, May 31- We stopped on our way home to see Steve's brother and his family. This was Ryan's first time to meet his baby cousin.


Pat doesn't seem so tough with a newborn. =-)


All in all, I'd say that May was an extremely productive, busy month! We're loving every minute with our little angel!

No comments:

Post a Comment