Saturday, August 27, 2011

Working For The Weekend



Well, school is in full swing for Morgan and me. She has adjusted very well and doesn't even cry most mornings when Steve drops her off. The teachers do tell me repeatedly that she does not like chaos and seems much happier when fewer children are in the room. She does her own thing and is extremely observant of the other children in the room. I think she's content during the day, but she sure does light up when I arrive to pick her up each afternoon. I believe it is the highlight of both her day and mine!
All that being said, our weekend time is even more precious! Last weekend Steve was in Minnesota for a bluegrass festival so Morgan and I decided to make one last trip to the beach. Beth was going and didn't want to drive alone so we were more than happy to keep her company on the commute. =-) Can you believe that I didn't take hardly any pictures while we were there? These are the best I got:

A girl after my heart!

Ready to shop with the girls!

Her favorite thing to do... climb the stairs!


This week has been absolutely crazy with meetings every day after school for me and Steve working until 7:30 each night. I really don't think we've gotten home before 8:00 a single night this week. Last night we went to the AHS game. This was Morgan's first real high school football game and she LOVED it! She didn't really have a choice since Steve and I are such avid football fans. I do believe that her favorite part was half-time when she got to show us all the new dance moves she's learning at school.

Today was a SUPER busy Saturday. Steve had to work this morning and then he left for a bluegrass thing tonight so it was another girls' day around here. Our day started with Ally's birthday party. This was the first non-family birthday party Morgan has attended and she had a ball! All the kids played in the little pools and sprinklers and then went inside for yummy food and ice cream sundaes. Morgan fell asleep on the way home and ended up sleeping for over 3 1/2 hours when I finally decided to wake her up.

Ready for the party!

Party fun!


Next up on our agenda was a customer appreciation cookout hosted by our realty company. It's an annual event and this was our third year to attend. It's amazing to think back to the other two and see how quickly life has changed. Morgan and I had a great time riding the "train," dancing, eating ice cream (yes, twice in one day!), playing on the tractor, exploring the fire truck, and visiting with friends. She was a huge mess when we left, but she had an enormous smile on her face. Today may have been a busy day, but it sure was fun! Tomorrow will be another full day with church and then our "Back to School Bash" at my school. I'm thinking that I need a weekend to recover from this weekend! =-)

Decisions, decisions...

On the "train"
Tractor time!

No comments:

Post a Comment