Wednesday, August 3, 2011

One Sensational Summer!

I promised myself at the beginning of the Summer that I would be really good at updating the blog. Here we are two days before I return to work and I'm just getting around to posting. So, for those of you who have been anxiously awaiting new pictures and updates, here you go.
The last day of school we always take a walking field trip to a nearby playground. Steve wasn't busy that day so I convinced him to keep Morgan for the day instead of sending her to the babysitter's and bring her to the playground. Morgan had so much fun being one of the "big kids." It was funny to see such a little person steal the show and I was amazed at how much she changed in a year. It was such a fun day and having my favorite people there made it even better!




That weekend we loaded up and drove to Brewton to enjoy Memorial Day with my family. My dad found mini-Popsicles and they quickly became the teething baby's favorite treat. I'm not sure she ate anything else the entire weekend.


We had lots of fun hanging out with Big Poppa and Aunt Rachel around the pool.



Monday we went to the Memorial Day service downtown. After the service, we walked to the park for a quick photo-op, but it was SO hot and bright that the pictures didn't turn out quite as good as I had hoped.




After we got back to Auburn, we had a couple of low-key weeks where we watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse,


played the piano,


took lots of naps,


hung out with Daddy,



and just had a good time playing!


Our next adventure was a girls-only trip to the beach. To say that Morgan liked the beach would be a VAST understatement. The child loved every part of it, the sand, the water, the sun... That's my girl! =-)






A special thank you goes out to "Aunt B" and "Aunt Sam" for inviting us.



Again, we came back to Auburn for a few weeks. This time we experimented with water and bubbles,


visited several potential day cares,


did a lot of climbing and playing,



goofed off downtown,





waved bye-bye to the Toomer's Oaks (although we're still hopeful they'll be okay),



and posed with the National Championship mural.


Next came Independence Day. We had a wonderful time celebrating our nation's birthday! We went to Granny Smith's house where Morgan was, once again, the star of the show. She had her first homemade ice cream and I'm embarrassed to admit how many chocolate covered pretzel sticks she ate.




We left Greenville early enough to watch the fireworks in Auburn. I was a little apprehensive about how Morgan would do after such a long day, but she loved every minute of it. She danced to the music and was mesmerized by the fireworks themselves.




Later that week, we headed South again, but this time we went to The Grand Hotel in Point Clear. It is a wonderful, child-friendly place and I think it's safe to say that Morgan enjoyed her first real vacation.






Searching for ducks!



Ready for the pool!





Steve found people in a park playing Bluegrass so we "HAD" to stop after dinner so he could join them. Morgan and I listened and had fun exploring.


The hotel serves tea and cookies at 4:00 each day so Morgan got to have her first tea party!





That evening, our friends Brad, LeeAnn, and Paige invited us over to their house for dinner. The girls are three months apart and had a great time playing together while the grown ups got caught up.


Sadly, the next day was our last so we took advantage of the sun and beautiful scenery in a photo shoot before we loaded our bags in the car.







The bags are packed and she's ready to roll!


The last picture before we left the hotel room. I had to get the cheesy picture in front of the door to remember her first hotel stay.


Those were some of the highlights from our Sensational Summer, but I must admit that my favorite days were the ones spent at home reading books, playing with blocks, singing, and dancing with my sweet baby girl. Going back to work full time is going to be extremely difficult, but I trust that this will be a wonderful school year for both of us.

1 comment:

  1. looks like super fun summer!! love all of the pictures. morgan is one pretty gal, just like her mommy!!

    ReplyDelete