Tuesday, August 3, 2010

First Day with the Sitter

Well, today was the long-awaited, much dreaded day. I took my sweet baby to a babysitter today. We are very blessed to have found babysitters so that she doesn't have to go to daycare. Long story short, we had her registered at a local daycare, but I never did have a peace about her going there. A few weeks ago, a friend called saying that she had sitters lined up for her 3 year old and asked if I wanted in. It didn't take me long to jump on that! We have one college student who is coming on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and another that will be there on Tuesday and Thursday. The day I was able to call the daycare to tell them Morgan wouldn't be coming was a happy day in our home!
I don't actually start work until tomorrow, but the sitter started today so I took Morgan for a couple of hours. It's a good thing I did! Look at all the loot we took! There was one additional bag that I forgot on the first trip, her bottles! I'm such a good mom- HA!


Here's a picture of my sweet baby with all of her gear
Sweet, happy baby
Fun pictures with mom before leaving

The sitter asked for my email address and midway through the day I received this email and picture:
After a little tummy time I flipped her back over and she fell asleep almost immediately. This one has not been a power nap because she has been out since about 1:30. She's been great though. You were right, you have a very easy baby. :)


I think we made the right choice! I would give anything to be able to stay home with her, but unfortunately, that's not an option for us right now. At least I know that she's in good hands!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you took a few pictures with her! They are cute. I am a bit jealous that I am not there to stay with her everyday, but I am glad that the sitter knows how to send pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so glad you found someone. That is terrific! You should feel so much better. Wish everything worked out so I could keep her! Happy for you:-)

    ReplyDelete